“Dual boot Slitaz and Windows“
Follow these steps to dual boot your system with Slitaz and WIndows.
1. First create atleast two partitions on your hd, one for Slitaz and the other for Windows. You may be in need to create a partition for swap,probably if you have less memory. Just partition your HD.
2. Now install the Windows on the first partition. (It may be hda1).
3. Reboot your computer.
4. Now boot Slitaz and install it on the second partition (I may be hda2).
5. Reboot your computer.
6. Now your Slitaz will boot from the hardisk.
Now to add the windows partition, add these lines to /boot/grub/menu.lst :
7. Now open the terminal and type
now a grub terminal will be opened.
1. Now you will need to set the root device.
grub> root (hd0,1)
2. Now setup the grub.
grub> setup (hd0)
3. Exit grub
8. Reboot your system.
You will see both the Slitaz and windows partitions…
Please comment about your installation(whether it was a success or not..)