A disk device can be subdivided into one or more partitions. The GParted application enables you to change the partition organization on a disk device while preserving the contents of the partitions.
With GParted you can accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a partition table on a disk device.
- Enable and disable partition flags such as boot and hidden.
- Perform actions with partitions such as:
- create or delete
- resize or move
- copy and paste
Gparted is a GTK (Gnome)-based partition manager that can also be used with KDE.
- This utility works best as a LiveCD. Download the Gparted .ISO image here. Burn the .ISO image to CD. Use the GParted LiveCD as your partition manager.
- You can also install the package:
sudo apt-get install gparted