Is www.OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk a SCAM?

This is my experience @ www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk:
Most of the guys might have come across www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk after the release of ios 5 with the modem baseband 04.12.01. This is because the usual unlock methods failed with the arrival of modem baseband 04.12.01.

My iPhone 4 was locked to AT&T and i had tried every unlock methods out there. After few days of search, i came across www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. I said to myself that it is a scam site, trying to eat peoples money.

I looked at their Facebook page with thousands of posts praising officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and lots of reviews and finally paid them $35 to use their service.
I gave them my phone’s IMEI number.

They said it will take about 6 hours. I waited.

The order status page read “IMEI is waiting to be submitted to unlock server”.
After 2 and half hours the status read “IMEI submitted to unlock server”.
I was happy when i saw this. I checked the site after 6 hours, it was still the same.
I tried again after 2 hours, NO CHANGE, i became sceptical.
The next day, when i tried it read “Unlock complete – simply connect your handset to iTunes to complete the unlock.”

I then connected my iPhone to my system and opened iTunes and there it read “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked.”

Finally, i got my iPhone unlocked.

One more thing, mistakenly i paid them $35 twice. I mailed them about the issue, and after a week i got a mail from NOCHEX saying that they have refunded my one payment, but i never got it from NOCHEX.
Few more mails, and they paid me via paypal later.

Please read the below comments to see other people’s experiences.

After coming to know about the experiences of many other users, these are my conclusion:
  1. Please do read carefully about their pre-order terms. “Pre-orders” are not covered by their money back guarantee. You are paying to be placed in their mailing list service.
  2. The unlock can take longer than expected.

After coming to know about the experiences of other users/victims, i think what they are doing is that, they can get your iPhones unlocked by few carriers. Thats probably why we can see few good reviews about them, but the rest of the carriers are scam. I can’t really say which carriers work, AT&T USA probably works since mine was locked to AT&T.

“It’s common knowledge that the majority of site reviews are fake, same goes for websites with similar services that have Twitter or Facebook accounts with thousands of followers or fans.”

“Their service is quite deliberately misleading, takes longer than everyone thinks and is QUITE extortionate in pricing.”

For people who hasn’t got a refund, see the below comment from John Ho. But its against their terms, they say that they can blacklist your imei.

Hope it helps………..

Comments (58)

1. I have supplied them with unlocks for more than £2,000 and they are not responding. I have contacted lawyers and they can’t find their business. The website is a fraud and has stolen the identity of datacorp. The real “business” is based in the Seychelles, where they are hidden behind somebody else. Lost all my money. They will maybe unlock your phone, but it’s a scam business.

2. Doug Lerner

This company is fraudulent. And now that my dispute is finalized in my favor with the credit card company I am going to report them to whatever government agency in the UK is responsible for online fraud. Nobody should have to go through what I went through with them.

To make a long story short, at the beginning of last September they guaranteed me an unlock of my KDDI AU (Japan) iPhone. I believed them and paid more than $180.

During the month I waited for this, they even promised me that it would be complete “within 5 days.” When this didn’t happen after a month, and I already arrived in the U.S. for my trip, they got abusive in their emails to me. One manager offered me a refund by email and I said I would take it, but then I never heard from them again.

I then contacted my credit card company and entered a dispute. Just before their response deadline, OfficialiPhoneUnlock sent the credit card company a email alleging that my iPhone was blocked because it was reported lost or stolen. Until just that moment I had considered the possibility that OfficialiPhoneUnlock were legitimate but just incompetent. But when I saw that utterly fraudulent claim I realized it was simpler than that. They were just dishonest.

Of course I was able to show the credit card company that my iPhone was not blocked, that in correspondence with me OfficeiPhoneUnlock never claimed it was, and that my iPhone was in fact showing up as “clean” and in contract with KDDI AU via many IMEI check sites. In other words, OfficialIPhoneUnlock was just out-and-out lying to avoid paying a refund.

OfficialPhoneUnlock had until 7 February to counter-respond. They did not and my card company has now confirmed with me that my refund is finalized.

Now that this is over, I want to warn everybody about this company. They are not honest. That’s the bottom line.

Oh, and by the way, it turns out that since last summer all KDDI AU iPhones don’t even need to be unlocked to use on the U.S. AT&T network (and some other networks in Europe). It’s compatible while locked. You can just walk into an AT&T store and get a free SIM while you are there and either get a GoPhone no contract monthly account or a regular post-pay account. That is what I ended up doing during my trip, and I am still using my iPhone – both in the U.S. and Japan, without the need for unlocking.

After what this company put me through, and to help warn others, I intend to report them for fraud to the UK authorities.

3. erion

First, they take your money and then tell you the phone can’t be unlocked.
    Second, they tell you there are numerous services (FREE) which can be used to identify Lost/Stolen handsets, after they have taken your money. Scammers

4. Rob

Hi guys. Please be careful with this company. They have scammed many people. Every day many people complain about their bad experience on their facebook page. However, after 1-2 hours the comments are removed by the admins. This shows hoe trustworthy they are!!!!! They couldn’t unlock my iphone 5 and refused to refund me. To me these are only thieves and scammers.

5. Si Thu Aung

Don’t trust this site. I’ve been cheated 240 USD and no reply from them.

Sat Aug 15 2015 04:36 pm
    Hey, another one week has passed. How’s my iPhone 6+ unlock status? You can and you should at least reply current status.

Wed Jul 15 2015 03:23 am
    Dear support team, Thank you for keeping updated with iCloud unlock progress. Since your last mail which dated July 6th, I am patiently waiting for my iPhone to be unlocked. In that mail, you mentioned that the remaining progress would only take “5 working days”. By the way, it’s been 23 days since order date (June 21st)!! As you may aware, unlock process is still under pending and show no progress. I understand that you guys are doing your best. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks.

Wed Jul 15 2015 01:39 pm
    We are just waiting for an update back from the supplier , when we do get this your order status page will be updated and you will be emailed,thank you for your patience . Please note all times provided on our website are for guidelines only as they are dependent on the network and suppliers

Wed Jul 29 2015 04:06 am
    Any update on iCloud unlock? 37 days has passed since order date (June 21st)!! What’s really going on? If you can’t remove iCloud, then refund the money! I need reply from you asap!!!

Wed Jul 29 2015 11:00 am
    Your order is still being processed and we’ll send you an email when its completed. Please note all times provided on our website are for guidelines only as they are dependent on the network and suppliers

Wed Jul 29 2015 11:00 am

Wed Jul 29 2015 02:34 pm
    Being processed!? After taking 37 days and still hoping your customer to believe in your saying? Have you ever felt or thought of your customer side? I wonder how do you feel if you were in customer’s shoe. What happened to your 24 hours to 48 hours iCloud removal slogan? If you can’t, then don’t ever advertise and try to cheat people like us!!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 05 2015 04:55 pm
    You people are deaf or what! I said I want my money back!!!

Fri Aug 07 2015 02:56 pm
    Orders sent to the suppliers for unlocking cannot be cancelled, these orders has been paid for and can be unlocked any moment from now, if cancelled amount paid will be forfeited. Do you wish to proceed ?

Fri Aug 07 2015 02:56 pm

Sat Aug 08 2015 01:21 am
    Paid amount will be forfeited? Are you out of your mind! Having done all these, you still can even say “forfeited”. You people are crazy. Leaving customer with no choice, is this what you call customer service in your company?

Sat Aug 08 2015 01:25 am
    If you people can’t or don’t want to refund customer’s money, then you’d better hurry unlocking my iPhone 6plus.

Thu Aug 13 2015 12:45 am
    Still haven’t unlocked yet? How long do I have to wait more?

Sat Aug 15 2015 04:41 pm
    Hey, another one week has passed. To be exact, 55 days has passed since order date. How is my iPhone 6+? You should at least inform me of current iCloud unlock status. Don’t forget customers are waiting for your reply.

Sat Aug 15 2015 04:41 pm

Sat Aug 15 2015 04:41 pm

Fri Aug 28 2015 01:32 am
    Today is 67th day since my order date. Now 2 months had passed and still no reply from you guys. What really is going on? When will my iPhone will be unlocked?

Fri Sep 04 2015 01:27 am
    What is going on? No reply at all. You took my money and even can’t reply!!! What a pathetic living creature you are!!!

Fri Sep 04 2015 06:07 am
    Your order is still being processed.

Wed Sep 23 2015 06:53 am
    How is my iCloud removal order? You already took 92days (over 3 months) and no reply from you and your site.

6. joe

dont even try service they will scam you search one the internet you will find better site,,
    i have paid 150$ to unlock and i got nothing,,,don’t order from any site using credit card just pay by PayPal

7. Dr Sunil

My I phone is Locked to Sprint USA. I’ve sent them desired amount of Indian Rs 11000.00 for unlock my I Phone 5 on 26th September 21014. since then I’ve been continuously & desperately waiting for their response & sent them number of unanswered mails.